March 2009 marked the approval from Surrey City Council to start a Neighbourhood Concept Plan (NCP) for the areas of Anniedale A, Anniedale B, and Tynehead within South Port Kells.
In October 2011, the City of Surrey had an Open House to show residents what the NCP would entail for the Anniedale-Tynehead area.
The NCP contains the following:
- Changes to the Land Use Concept Plan.
- The creation of transportation requirements that will arise from remodelling transportation routes.
- The preparation of development and design guidelines in the NCP area.
- The creation of an engineering servicing plan along with a financial strategy to fund the construction of infrastructure, along with the creation of community amenities.
In April 2012, the Surrey Council approved Stage 2 of the Anniedale-Tynehead NCP.
Stage 2 includes a proposal of:
- A wide variety of housing; including townhouses, apartments, and single family homes.
- Three neighbourhood commercial areas that will include public seating and public art pieces.
- A large shopping centre south of 96 Ave and west of Highway 15.
- Seven neighbourhood parks that contain recreational activities such as water parks, playgrounds, trials, and off-leash dog areas.
- 3 elementary school areas.
- Bringing a grid like pattern to the streets to promote more walking and less traffic congestion.